Friday, December 7, 2007

playing hooky at the karlsruhe christmas market

When he woke up this morning, my husband decided he wanted to take a personal day and not go into work. Instead he drove me up to Karlsruhe and we wandered around their Christmas market all afternoon!

Karlsruhe Christmas Market

For lunch we had typical German festival food...I had a pork steak with grilled onions and fries and he had Schnupfeln (a concoction of saurkraut, ham bits and thick noodles) with some Glühwein to warm us up (a hot spiced wine...although we had the Kinder version without alchohol):

Karlsruhe Christmas Market Karlsruhe Christmas Market

We picked out new tree ornaments from one of my favorite German Christmas stores, Käthe Wohlfahrt:

Karlsruhe Christmas Market Karlsruhe Christmas Market

And munched on tasty roast almonds with cinnamon:

Karlsruhe Christmas Market

We also spotted St. Nikolaus at the nearby department store!

St. Nikolaus at Karstadt

I've said it before and I'll say it again...I LOVE Christmas in Germany...and today was one of the big reasons why!

Karlsruhe Christmas Market

Karlsruhe Christmas Market

Karlsruhe Christmas Market

Karlsruhe Christmas Market

Karlsruhe Christmas Market

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...