Wednesday, April 9, 2008

goodbye, grüße aus...



Did you know I have another blog?

I started my first blog about a year and a half ago shortly after Karl and I first moved here to Germany from the States. I had actually wanted to create a website about our lives here to help bridge the huge distance between us and our families. I started reading up on how to create a website and then my brilliant sister-in-law, Monica, made the suggestion that I try a blog instead. At that time I barely knew what a blog was. But it seemed so much easier and cheaper than building a website so I gave it a try...and the result was Grüße aus...: The Adventure of Living in Germany as told by the Harwood Family.

That blog focused on what living in Germany was like, the culture, and our travels to other parts of Europe. And I was really glad I did it...not only was it a fun way to keep connected to our friends and family, but it opened up the world of blogging for me and I found some wonderful blogs that have given me a lot of inspiration, including leading me to Etsy.com. But when I started my Etsy shop last year...I decided I wanted another blog to focus on my shop, and so the baby anne quilts blog was born.

I had intended on keeping them both alive...one blog focusing on life in Germany, the other on my quilting and shop-keeping. But it didn't really work out that way. I found I was neglecting the one and have much more fun with the other. My baby anne quilts blog was a place where I could share so many more aspects of my life and interests and became a much more social place...and Grüße aus... fell by the wayside.

So I recently decided to officially devote myself to one blog and this morning I made my last post on Grüße aus...

For those of you who were devoted readers...thank you! And don't worry...this baby anne quilts blog will continue to record all my European adventures and insights on German culture. For those of you who never knew it existed...feel free to take a look and read back on our past adventures!

8 comments:

Hey Harriet said...

I imagine it would be difficult keeping up with two blogs (I struggle with one) but it's nice to know that you'll continue sharing your Euro adventures via Baby Anne Quilts :)

Rachel said...

I just want you to know I LOVE the ballerina costume you showed in your last post! When I was in 7th grade I read a book about a girl who was a ballerina in Paris before WWII and was totally in love with it. I had forgotten all about it until I saw that photo. Thank you!

Rachel said...

I just ordered one of your mini quilts :)

Michelle Engel Bencsko said...

I think it's nice to get a mix of posts all in one blog- gives you a bigger picture of who you're reading.

heather said...

thanks for your support, everyone!

It's always nice to know my musings aren't all alone in cyberspace!

heather said...

rachel...you made my day!

Amanda said...

Thanks for sharing..I love the interview and what a fun store...the tiger and number 4 I recognize from one of my baby books...how cool.

Amanda

Anonymous said...

I love all things retro. I especially love that milkglass.
Gina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...