Thursday, July 10, 2008

mork and me

I've been doing a lot of quilting lately...and I'll show you all I've been creating as they get finished...but that also means I've been watching a lot of TV, too. I tend to put in a dvd when I get my quilting out. I usually put in some chick-flick while I cut or sew or quilt (that or listen to This American Life online). But this past week I've been distracting myself with old episodes of Mork and Mindy. I haven't seen this show for years and years but for some nostalgic reason or other I asked my husband to find the first season for us to watch again and this week it's been keeping me company as I work.

I have fond memories of Mork and Mindy. When I was little, my parents would take us the Mr. Gaddy's Pizza where there was a big-screen TV and we would have pizza and root beer as a family and watch Mork and Mindy on the big screen. It was such a simple thing but it was one of our favorite family traditions (aren't the simple ones always the most memorable?). Watching Mork and Mindy again, I'm remembering what a weird, happy little show it was and finding that I still crave pizza and root beer and missing my family as I watch it. It's strange that Robin Williams in all his rainbow clothes can make my whole childhood come back to me...





4 comments:

Sufoot said...

Dude - Mom and Dad and I were JUST talking about our Mr.Gaddy's/Mork and Mindy tradition last week. I thought that was something we did in Oklahoma but actually it was Copperas Cove...and I honestly didn't know I remembered anything from Copperas Cove.

Remember when they had that baby and it was actually Jonathan Winters?....that was messed up, man.

Rachel said...

I love listening to This American Life, too! It's good company when you're at home sewing, knitting, cooking, everything.

Gray Eyed Scorpio said...

Two bulls-eyes! I love listening to TAL, and I have similar fond memories of Mork and Mindy. I even had the Mork and Mindy board game!
Thanks for the nostalgia. I always enjoy your blog.

heather said...

Mork and Mindy board game!?! Get out!!! How cool would that be?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...