Friday, July 11, 2008

favorite shop friday: keep calm and carry on

Karl and I have had a bit of a stressful week so I thought it would be a good week to feature this shop: Keep Calm and Carry On.

Back in 1939, British King George VI commissioned propaganda posters at the outbreak of the war and, maybe because they are just so cool but maybe because we need the comforting again, they are making a comeback in our contemporary society: Keep Calm and Carry On. It's so simple, so direct, so British. So calming.

Thanks to today's shop, you can carry around your own bit of calming influence in the form of hand-printed bags:

shopping bags...



sailor duffel bags...



and (my favorite) retro flight bags...



You can find these bags at http://keepcalmandcarryon.etsy.com but there are a lot more comforting propaganda to be found at their website at http://www.keepcalmandcarryon.com.

Now, keep calm. And carry on.

2 comments:

Rosebud Collection said...

What a nice slogan..it sure says it all. Beautiful bags..

Rachel said...

I think I need the poster to hang in my apartment - it would be a good reminder! : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...