Thursday, March 13, 2008

my life's journey

I have had a wonderful year this past year. But now it's time to move on to the next thing...namely, a job.

When we first moved here nearly a year and a half ago, we came for a temporary assignment for my husband's job. But I did not have permission to work, so I'd been living a bit of a leisurely life (and yes, it's been nice!). But now that we've decided to make our move here permanent, it's time for me to find a job!

So I've slowly been working on my resume, both updating it and translating it. I admit, I'm being pretty slow about it, so my husband gave me a deadline to have a draft completed by the end of today. So guess what I've been working on most of the day?



I'm learning that a German resume has a lot of differences from an American resume. First of all, I have to have a photo of myself. Great. I have to give a lot more personal information like my marital status and where I was born. I also have to attach a copy of my degree. Except that I'm pretty sure my degree is in storage in America so I'm not sure how I'm going to get around that one yet.

I also learned that a resume in German is called a Lebenslauf, which literally means, "life's walk" or "life's journey." I kind of like that name. Here, on these two little sheets of paper, is the path of my life.

I guess it's time to stop blogging about my life's journey and start finishing it up...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...