Saturday, October 17, 2009

international quilt festival

Every year one of the world's largest quilt shows happens in my home city. I didn't know this until I began quilting about 5 years ago and not living in Houston any more. Last year Karl and I moved back just one week after the festival closed...bummer!

So this year I finally got to go! It was amazing! And much bigger than I was expecting! There were hundreds of vendors and a couple dozen exhibitions.

There were traditional quilts...




and contempoary quilts...



a quilt the size of a postcard...



and an 80-foot long quilt...



There were Japanese-made quilts, Russian quilts and a forest of German quilts...



Now I feel all inspired by the amazing quilts on display so I'm going to share them with you, too. Every day this week I'll share a quilt that amazed me. Starting with...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I wish I could have gone with you. I think we would have fun going to that together. Those photos are amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...